June 1 & 15, July 6 & 20, August 3, September 7 & 21, 2014
11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Drop by the Malott Japanese Garden for hands-on activities related to Japanese arts and culture. Practice using chopsticks, rake miniature dry gardens, make Japanese kites, and more. The free activities vary each time and are subject to change.
- June 1: koinobori (mini carp kites)
- June 15: kendama (origami cup & ball)
- July 6: samurai masks
- July 20: kabuto (samurai helmets)
- August 3: uchiwa (paper fans)
- September 7: kimono-clad paper dolls
- September 21: gyotaku (fish prints)
Summer Nature Explorer: Reading and Activity Program
May 31 to August 17, 2014
Read books and play at Family Drop-In Activity sites and earn prizes! For details and to sign up, visit the Lenhardt Library in the Regenstein Center. All ages are welcome to participate. Click here for more information.