To maintain an attractive area for the education and enjoyment of visitors.
- Lead crews under the direction of the horticulturist or senior horticulturist and perform general landscape maintenance and installation, consisting of tasks such as weeding, watering, deadheading, grooming perennials, fertilizing, planting, removing debris, pruning, edging, mowing, mulching, removing snow, and maintaining tools.
- Respond to public and staff questions for general information.
- Provide current information to the horticulturists regarding plant accessions, removals, transfers, and label requirements. Label plants and assist with installation of accession tags.
- Inform the horticulturists of disease, insect, animal, and weed problems.
- Assist with special events and festivals.
Completed horticulture training program or classes with experience in landscape maintenance and installation. Good communication skills—written and verbal. Able to lead small crews in maintaining gardens.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: we cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today.