To assist the manager of Camp Programs in all aspects of management of Camp CBG, with a focus on day-to-day logistics. Camp CBG is a specialized program of the Education Department that focuses on the development, delivery, and evaluation of outdoor science, nature, art, and foods-based educational programs for children ages 6 months to 15 years.
- Assist with daily pickup and drop-off site, including interacting with parents and supervising children.
- Prepare enrollment paperwork, class lists, and carpool lists.
- Prepare equipment and supplies for instructors daily.
- Supervise campers during lunch period.
- Assist with administrative aspects of program as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Summer camp experience and/or more than two years of working with children in an educational setting is preferred. Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills are required. Flexibility, efficiency, and punctuality are a must. Must enjoy interacting with people of all ages. Candidates must have a valid driver's license.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.