In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Assist horticulturists with routine garden maintenance including weeding, watering, pruning, mowing, planting, deadheading, grooming perennials, mulching, labeling, fertilizing, and removing debris.
- Prepare and present a ten-minute lecture on an approved horticulture topic to the horticulture division.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Enrollment in a college horticulture program or related field with an interest in garden maintenance. Candidates within a year of their graduation will also be considered.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our misson: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.