At The Garden — Employment
Employment at the Chicago Botanic Garden
TITLE: Executive Assistant to the CFO and Director, Corporate Relations
PURPOSE: To provide confidential executive-level administrative support to the CFO and the Director, Corporate Relations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Providing high-quality executive clerical support to the CFO and the Director, Corporate Relations, including correspondence, mail merges, reports, memos, meeting agendas and minutes, budget plans, creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint documents
- Coordinating meeting space and equipment for meetings and special training as deemed necessary
- Assisting with planning of committee meetings and internal meetings. This includes reserving space, reserving golf carts, making arrangements for catering, setting up the conference phone (if necessary), and putting together other necessary meeting materials
- Receiving and screening telephone calls, mail, and visitors, responding directly when appropriate or identifying the correct manner of response in keeping with organizational priorities
- Working closely with the CFO during budget preparation including creation of Excel documents and correspondence regarding the process
- Preparing material for upcoming meetings and presentations: coordinate correspondence, reports, informational packets and mailings
- Managing and maintaining calendars of both the CFO and Director
- Tracking expenses and complete Expense Reports; code invoices for approval and route to Accounting; generate accounts payable vouchers, purchase orders as needed
- Maintaining a filing system for the CFO and Director
- Anticipating and responding to a broad spectrum of administrative needs
- Greeting and meeting needs of visitors, both in the Administrative offices and in sites throughout the Garden. Attend and work events, which sometimes require time beyond the hours of the customary work day.
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Administration and Corporate Relations
REPORTS TO: CFO and Director, Corporate Relations
- A high-school diploma and at least five years of prior executive assistance experience; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Professional administrative training preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable, flexible, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- A profound attention to quality and spirit of service excellence
- Advanced skill set with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Excel deserves special mention as this will be used heavily
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, or similar donor management and fundraising software systems, desirable
- Demonstrated organizational skills, project coordination experience, proven problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills
- Experience providing complex confidential administrative support in a high-profile environment
- Proven ability to work well in teams and with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients, donors, vendors, and board members
- Ability to remain flexible and maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor under pressure
Office setting. Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, listening, speaking, and keyboarding. Use of office equipment including computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines. Some requirements for lifting, pushing, pulling items less than 30 lbs.
For almost 40 years, our employees have worked to promote the enjoyment, understanding, and conservation of plants and the natural world. Come work in a setting that is like no other. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County. Apply today.
Please note applicants who do not meet the required qualifications (i.e., five years of prior executive support experience) will not be considered.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.