Periodic employment to assist with the installation and de-installation of scheduled temporary and permanent exhibitions and to assist the Visitor Events and Programs Department with non-exhibition activities.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Installation and de-installation of artwork and signs for temporary and permanent exhibitions
- Packing of artwork, loading and unloading crates
- Handling and operating power tools
- Must be comfortable working at elevated heights when required, and have aptitudes for quick learning, problem solving, and above all, teamwork.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong communication skills
- Enjoy working with your hands in an active, energetic atmosphere
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to solve problems as necessary, and be a positive Chicago Botanic Garden representative
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.