To perform necessary greeting and cash-handling functions at the gatehouse.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Greeting all visitors and warmly welcoming them to the Chicago Botanic Garden.
- Recording zip codes for all visitors who stop at the gatehouse.
- Accurately recording nonpaying visitor transactions in the computer, including accurately recording the number of passengers in each car.
- Maintaining familiarity with all of the events and special circumstances of the day and occuring in the near future at the Garden.
- Correctly directing VIPs, deliveries, tour groups, and other special visitors to the required locations.
- Keeping gatehouse clean and stocked with necessary cash-handling supplies.
- Following the correct procedures to report, correct and/or work around technical problems to keep the gatehouse running.
- Reconciling receipts and balancing the cash register at the end of each shift.
- Opening and closing the gatehouse as required.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Cash-handling experience
- Basic computer skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work overtime as required by the operational needs of the department.
Come work in a setting that is like no other as you support our mission: We cultivate the power of plants to sustain and enrich life. Take the first step toward being one of the employees who make the Garden one of the treasures of the Forest Preserves of Cook County. Apply today. Please note that applicants who do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified.