GLENCOE, Ill. (July 18, 2013) – Outstanding work by Chicago Botanic Garden photography students will be on display from Saturday, August 24, to Sunday, September 29, 2013, in the Joutras Gallery in the Regenstein Center. An opening reception held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday, August 23, will kick off the juried show, titled Focusing on Nature: Third Annual Student Botanical Photography Exhibition. The students are from diverse photography classes offered by the Joseph Regenstein, Jr. School of the Chicago Botanic Garden, including the Focus on Photography Certificate program. Instructor work will also be on display. Admission is free. Usual parking restrictions apply.
Use the following link to learn more about ongoing photography classes at the Chicago Botanic Garden: http://www.chicagobotanic.org/school/botanical_arts. Upcoming classes include:
- How I See a Garden: The Delights of Garden Photographyfrom 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Sunday, July 28, in the Linnaeus Room
- Focus on Flowers—Discover the Beauty in Flowers and Gardens: A Summer Photography Workshop with Allen Rokach from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday, July 29 and 30, in the Linnaeus Room
- Business Techniques for Flower and Garden Photographers from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, July 31, in the Linnaeus Room
- Beginning Digital Photography from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturdays, August 3, 10, 17 and 24, in the Design Studio
- The Fine Art Water Portfolio from 10 a.m. to noon on Mondays, August 19 and 26, and September 9, 16, 23 and 30, in the Design Studio.