Welcome fall; think spring!
Year after year, this is one of the most popular family days at the Garden
Friday, Saturday & Sunday, October 10 – 12, 2014
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Members-only preview bulb shopping, Friday, October 10
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sip cider, wine, and beer (available for purchase)
- Check out the live music
- Shop local vendors (more than 20 this year!)
- Buy mouth-watering jams, herbs, and vegetables
- Bring home gourmet baked goods, chocolate, and honey
- Navigate the straw bale maze
- Move it at a fun outdoor fitness activity
- Be amazed by the gourd “mountain”
- Join in on leaf rubbing, a leaf hunt, or making mini-scarecrows
The NorthShore University HealthSystem obstacle course with four activity stations:
On Saturday and Sunday kids can visit each station, complete the activities, and get their passports stamped. Everyone who completes the obstacle course will receive a special keepsake!
- Hula hooping
- Resistance bands
- Jumping rope
- Reaching for the sky
ANNUAL BULB SALE
The annual bulb sale is presented by the Woman’s Board of the Chicago Horticultural Society. The Woman's Board is in its fourth year of “Growing the Future,” a $1 million pledge to the Garden. Proceeds from this event support fellowships for the plant biology and conservation graduate program, a collaboration between the Garden and Northwestern University.
- More than 200 varieties of daffodils, tulips, alliums, and specialty bulbs are for sale
- Top-quality bulbs from the Netherlands
- “Roving” horticulturists and staff to answer your questions and offer bulb tips
- Buy mums, asters, peonies, potted amaryllis, and paperwhite narcissus, as well as "Bulb Boost" bulb fertilizer
Generously supported by
Admission is free. Parking fees apply.