Welcome fall, think spring!
Year after year, one of the most popular family days at the Garden!
Friday, October 10, 2014
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Preview bulb shopping for members only
Saturday & Sunday, October 11 & 12, 2014
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sip cider, wine, and beer (available for purchase)
- Check out the live music
- Shop your local vendors (more than 20 this year!)
- Buy mouth-watering jams, herbs, and vegetables
- Bring home gourmet baked goods, chocolate, and honey
- Navigate the straw bale maze
- Move it at a fun outdoor fitness activity
- Be amazed by the gourd “mountain”
- Join in on leaf rubbing, a leaf hunt, or making mini-scarecrows
The NorthShore University HealthSystem obstacle course with four activity stations:
Kids can visit each station, complete the activities, and get their passports stamped.
Everyone who complete the obstacle course will receive a special keepsake!
- Hula hooping
- Resistance bands
- Jumping rope
- Reaching for the sky
ANNUAL BULB SALE
The annual bulb sale is presented by the Woman’s Board of the Chicago Horticultural Society. The Woman's Board is in its fourth year of “Growing the Future,” a $1 million pledge to the Chicago Botanic Garden. Proceeds from this event support fellowships for the plant biology and conservation graduate program, a collaboration between the Garden and Northwestern University.
- More than 200 varieties of daffodils, tulips, alliums, and specialty bulbs
- Top-quality bulbs from the Netherlands
- “Roving” horticulturists and staff to answer your questions and offer up bulb tips
- Mums, asters, peonies, potted amaryllis, and paperwhite narcissus, as well as "Bulb Boost" bulb fertilizer
Generously supported by
Admission is free. Parking fees apply.